When it comes to your communications technologies, how do you measure support from your vendor partner? Seems like a straightforward question, but, in reality, most of the time your only encounter is when your system experiences issues. This is where the rubber meets the road when it comes to support. Can you rely on your service provider to be there at your most critical time of need?
I was recently in front of a sales prospect that was purchasing a new PBX system. We were competing with another vendor, a public company, who was offering a pretty comparable system to ours. We are usually the low-cost provider in these situations, but, in this case, our recommended solution was a couple of thousand dollars more expensive than that of our competitor. The prospect asked me why he should purchase from us when he could save money on the upfront capital outlay. I explained that he should choose the vendor who could provide him with the most value overall and that he needed to view the transaction holistically and not discount the value of things that are more difficult to measure, like customer support and responsiveness.
You should approach your choice of vendors with this in mind. Think about which solution provider understands your business and is committed to delivering the business outcome that you need. Dollars and cents matter but support matters too.
In this case, the sales prospect ultimately decided to swallow the additional cost and purchase from us because he trusted our technical team to deliver the system he needed, and he appreciated that our project managers understood his business.
As for SETEL, we continuously strive for service excellence and view service excellence very seriously, but this doesn’t just occur. Below are some sample indicators of what we believe differentiates SETEL from other service providers:
- SETEL was founded in 1974 and has a lasting heritage
- 75% of our team members are centered in Customer Support or Field Operations
- Our average tenure for our technical force is 17 years with the company
- Every technician is fully factory certified, and we have many Master Certified (highest accomplishment) Technicians
- We recently installed a state-of-the-art ticketing and resource planning software suite from SAP
- We have deployed systems in all of the lower 48 states and Puerto Rico
- Our entire support and technical team is 100% US-based
Communications is the lifeblood of any organization and you can count on SETEL to be there to ensure your communications are not interrupted.